To support the Director of HR to deliver the People strategy. To provide a recruitment and HR support service which not only meets the changing needs of the company but also emphasises a people orientated, high performance culture, empowering all to achieve their full potential to the benefit of themselves and the Checkatrade business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
Leading the team
- Recruit, line manage and develop the HR Advisor team to provide a full consultative service, providing expert advice to individuals at all levels.
- Manage and develop a cost-effective, speedy resourcing service to the business in line with updated and effective practice.
- Oversee the work and priorities of all direct reports to ensure high standards and their respective measures of success are achieved.
- Give regular feedback (positive and developmental) to team and individuals. Use performance management tools and resources to help candid conversations.
- Ensure team take ownership, and use all resources and channels to assist their own learning and promote a culture of excellence.
- Inspire a motivated and enthused culture empowering individuals to strive for continuous improvement.
- Develop effective working relationships with people at all levels in the company to enable proactive support for business priorities and plans.
- Routinely seek information which will contribute to accurate company succession planning. Liaise with L&D on identified talent.
- Support and develop initiatives which increase employee engagement, working with others at all levels to achieve success. Work proactively with external supplier of our FAB platform to fully utilise capacity to increase both engagement and communications.
- In partnership with L&D, contribute to design of, and support, the company induction, the CAT Pathway, performance management, attendance and other management workshops and skills training as required.
- Facilitate a culture of performance management, providing guidance as needed on managers’ responsibilities and tools available to raise team performance.
- Co-ordinate, administer and train others to take minutes of relevant meetings and interviews and hearings.
- Work proactively with Pay & Benefits Lead to support the application of pay and benefits policies and processes.
- Ensure accurate, timely MI reports which meet the business need.
- Offer full and updated advice to management on all aspects of leave; sickness absence; disciplinary & grievance; risk assessments and performance management. Balance advice between commercial imperatives and Company Values.
- Own the ER caseload and oversee the process of disciplinary and grievance hearings and appeals. Ensure HR Advisors conduct such cases in legally compliant but respectful manner. Take on serious or escalated cases, liaising with D of HR.
- Work with D of HR on any Merger & Acquisition projects administering due process regarding TUPE as necessary.
- Implement and review Health and Wellbeing initiatives. Work actively with PT instructors to maximise their outcomes. When appropriate, engage with GPs and Occupational Health advisor to obtain effective advice on health referrals.
- Manage any claims in a timely manner; prepare the response, bundle and all relevant associated actions. Ensure communication with any legal advisors is professional, clear and concise.
- Ensure the business is compliant with all H&S regulations and that premises and working space are professionally maintained with support of Facilities & Charity Coordinator.
- Produce correspondence, documentation and presentations which meet the team and wider business need. Ensure all phone, email and other Office communication is of a high professional standard.
- Ensure HR Metrics are kept up-to date by direct reports.
- Research and develop knowledge of any changing employment legislation. Draft policies and procedures which are straightforward but which meet the business and legislative need.
- Ensure appraisal process is conducted to the highest standard throughout the business. Collate information for analysis.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality in accordance with Checkatrade guidelines and in compliance with GDPR.
- Ensure you, and all in your team, are fully aware of the explicit individual responsibility under the Company’s Data Protection policy to protect all personal and confidential data and information about employees, customers, members, suppliers (this list may not be exhaustive) whether that data is held on computer or found in manual, paper systems. Demonstrate and role-model care in all your dealings with such information and ensure this type of data is only held for a sound business reason.
- Support business change (including to this role) and any management initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
A proven record of wide-ranging experience of ER and performance management cases
Recruitment experience including design of assessment techniques
A good understanding of H&S management
CIPD level 5/7 or similar
Experience of recruitment campaigns for high volume of candidates
Knowledge of dealing with tribunal claims
Experience of implementing a HRIS
Experience of working in a call-centre environment would be an advantage.
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience|
|Location||Selsey, West Sussex|
|Closing date||02nd March 2018|