To support line managers within designated departments to recruit and develop engaged team members who meet the needs of a fast-paced, ambitious company. Ensure compliance in all areas with emphasis on a people orientated, high performance culture, empowering all to achieve their full potential to the benefit of themselves and the Checkatrade business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
Working Together in Partnership
- Develop effective working relationships with people at all levels in the company. Provide proactive support for line managers, offering a commercial HR perspective on any business plans.
- Ensure an effective meeting schedule with line managers in designated areas to enable pre-emptive support and a close working partnership. Routinely update succession plan.
- Attend business department meetings and maintain a presence within designated areas to develop trust and rapport with all team members.
- Work closely with L&D colleagues, sharing information as required to ensure cohesive approach and great outcomes. Support the company induction and other ongoing training for all levels as required. Work with line managers to embed training within their teams and deliver a difference.
- Support the CAT Pathway. Promote FAB (engagement and benefits platform) and develop initiatives which increase employee engagement, working with people and groups at all levels to achieve success.
- Collaborate with line managers and assist with any HR related projects, presentations or reports.
Resourcing with Integrity
- Pre-empt vacancies with effective resource planning; work proactively with line managers to foresee their needs, identify employee potential and prompt internal moves as appropriate. Ensure appropriate authorisation for additional heads.
- Liaise with hiring manager to coordinate the end to end recruitment process: agree job descriptions, decide on appropriate advertising; place adverts, liaise with recruitment agencies, pre-screen, arrange and conduct interviews, organise group interviews and skills tests, update careers page, make offers, liaise with candidates on their application progress and onboarding schedule. Continually seek improvements to internal and external recruitment processes.
- Ensure hiring manager is confident in their role within recruitment; provide training as needed.
- Promote our company profile and current vacancies through the use of social media, Checkatrade careers page, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and networking.
- Maintain the HR and Careers inboxes, ensuring enquiries are dealt with to a high professional standard.
- Be the first point of contact for any HR queries in designated areas. Offer comprehensive, legally compliant and updated advice to line managers on all aspects of leave; sickness absence; flexible working requests; disciplinary & grievance; risk assessments and performance management. Balance advice between commercial imperatives and the Company Values.
- Coordinate the process of disciplinary and grievance hearings and appeals. Ensure accurate minutes of all such meetings.
- Facilitate a culture of performance management, developing and retaining high performers and taking action with those who are not performing to expectations. Coach and provide guidance to managers as needed on their responsibilities to raise team performance.
- When appropriate, engage with GPs and Occupational Health advisor to obtain effective advice on health referrals.
- Conduct exit interviews and collate all results.
- Keep up to date with latest changes and developments in Employment Law; attend HR forums, seminars/workshops regularly.
- Maintain all trackers for recruitment, attendance, disciplinary, FWR, exit interviews (list is not exhaustive).
- Produce correspondence and documentation which meet the wider business need. Ensure all phone, email and other communication from the HR office is of a high professional standard.
- Assist the department by updating and maintaining relevant admin systems.
- Ensure appraisal process is conducted to the highest standard throughout the business. Collate information for analysis.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality in accordance with Checkatrade guidelines and in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Support business change (including to this role) and management initiatives.
|Location||Selsey, West Sussex|
|Closing date||12th February 2018|