At Checkatrade we are passionate about matching the best quality Trades in the UK, with Customers who are searching for a trusted, transparent and quality service. We have a significant ambition to expand in the UK, in both the number of Trades and Customers we serve. Our team at Checkatrade has developed over 20 years, and we are looking for individuals who put People first, are big on trust, do the right thing, go above and beyond and own exceptional service every time.
Checkatrade was recently bought by Homeserve PLC, which sees Checkatrade as an important part of its growth story. Homeserve is committed to investing in Checkatrade’s growth, and the new CFO now seeks a number 2 to manage the day to day operation of the financial accounting department and support change delivery as processes are systemised.
JOB PURPOSE: The purpose of this role is to deliver timely, accurate and information financial and management accounts, managing the finance department and audit relationship. The Head of Finance will contribute to the development of the corporate strategy, working closely with the FP&A team, and will be expected to lead and manage the finance team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES:
- Manage the financial accounting department to operate efficiently, and effectively
- Support the CFO in delivering timely, and insightful, financial information to the business
- Recruit, manage, mentor and motivate the finance team
- Exercise judgement as to the importance of an issue, the likely solution, and need for escalation
- Manage, and minimise, the financial risks of the company
- Ensure that the financial accounts of the company adhere to current accounting standards
- Keeping abreast of forthcoming changes in tax, accounting and other relevant standards, ensure that the company is well prepared for such changes, and understands their impact on future years
- Supervise the preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Contribute to company financial strategy and decision making process
- Undertake financial analysis and reporting
- Ensure robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Oversee tax and compliance
- Short and medium term cashflow management
- Oversee the development of, and compliance with, policies and procedures
- Develop a strong working relationship with all departments to enable financial changes to be predicted, and properly accounted for in a timely manner
The Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- ACA qualified, or ACCA/CIMA with strong technical accounting skills
- Experience delivering significant change in a finance department – systemising spreadsheets, and changing accounting software
- Experience running a financial accounting function, and implementing change to accounting standards
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Hard-working, efficient, flexible and motivated by results
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Up to date knowledge of accounting standards and recent/forthcoming changes
- Big 4 qualified, and with subsequent experience in a similar role in industry
Please note we are relocating our Head Office to North Harbour, Portsmouth in April 2019 but the role will be based in Selsey until then.
To all recruitment agencies: Checkatrade does not accept speculative agency CV’s. Please do not forward CV’s to our jobs alias or Checkatrade employees. Checkatrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.
|Salary||Dependent on experience|
|Location||Selsey, West Sussex|
|Working hours||35 hours|