At Checkatrade we are passionate about matching the best quality Trades in the UK, with Customers who are searching for a trusted, transparent and quality service. We have a significant ambition to expand in the UK, in both the number of Trades and Customers we serve. Our team at Checkatrade has developed over 20 years, and we are looking for individuals who put People first, are big on trust, do the right thing, go above and beyond and own exceptional service every time.
The Product Owner will be responsible for the maintenance & development of all Checkatrade websites. The individual will work with various internal and external stakeholders, including senior managers and department managers to understand objectives and successfully translate requirements to hit the desired goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including Department Managers, to define, develop, shape and refine requirements in order to hit the desired goal.
- Creation and management of the digital roadmap, Translating the roadmap in to requirements / stories for the development teams.
- Build, Maintain and Own backlog(s). Drive through short, medium and long-term activities that improves the Consumer, Trader Sign Up and Members experience, communicating with key stakeholders at all times.
- Collaborate with IT to run successful releases, ensure all approvals are in place and successful testing has been completed.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria, keeping a close eye on user experience.
- Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
- User Experience guardian of our sites, continually improve the site performance, funnel optimisation, identifying trends and opportunities for growth.
- Workflow / project management skills to maintain robust processes to de risk conflicting change.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Product Owner with deep domain knowledge and understanding of tools and workflows used.
- Strong knowledge of development practices, methodologies and tools. Direct hands on, managing backlogs and coordinating/prioritising conflicting requirements.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
This role will require travel to other sites including our HO in Selsey, West Sussex.
If you’re an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity, then we’d like you to join our team!
To all recruitment agencies: Checkatrade does not accept speculative agency CV’s. Please do not forward CV’s to our jobs alias or Checkatrade employees. Checkatrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience|