To lead the software development team to develop, improve and support mission critical software systems which strengthen our fast-growing business at Checkatrade. To demonstrate first-class, values-led management skills, technical expertise, attention to detail and a professional focus on internal customer service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AD MAIN DUTIES
Holding the Ladder with Integrity
- Recruit, train and develop the software development team and support staff, liaising closely with Head of IT and, as necessary, the HR and L&D department.
- Plan, delegate & oversee work activities and daily tasks to maximise department efficiency. Oversee management of sprints using JIRA.
- Identify team members’ training needs and individual learning styles. Use all resources to support their initial on-boarding and subsequent development, aiming to deliver a flexible and proficient team giving excellent levels of internal customer service.
- Give regular feedback (positive and developmental) to team and individuals. Use performance management tools and resources to help candid conversations.
- Facilitate effective team and individual meetings, encouraging participation from team members.
- Inspire a motivated and enthused culture empowering individuals to strive for continuous improvement and high standards.
Aiming Higher – Development activity
- Design and help architect new code based on requirements.
- Manage the release schedule for projects and BAU work.
- Work with Product Owners for prioritisation of sprints.
- Resolve user issues if escalated by support staff.
- Coordinate and work with Product Managers to manage priorities and timelines.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of department in order to anticipate and accommodate all technical needs.
- Develop and maintain technical standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of company technology-related documentation.
Working in Partnership
- Liaise closely with Head of IT and effectively cascade information to team as appropriate.
- Develop great relationships with all departments across the business to aid business communication and promote the reputation of the IT department.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and the ability to interact with users at all levels, mindful of their perspective.
- Encourage advocates within other departments and work to update all stakeholders on progress of development projects.
- Collate and manage the development team’s holiday, lieu hours & sickness absence. Update the HR excel spreadsheet accordingly and to deadline. Complete return to work meetings.
- Support business change (including to this role) and management initiatives.
6 years of programming experience in at least three of the following technologies:
Microsoft SQL Server
3 years management experience leading a team of between 5 and 20 developers.
Experience of working in a commercial environment.
Experience with modern development methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall.
Experience with projects delivered using Prince2.
|Salary||£45000 - £55000|
|Location||Selsey, West Sussex|