At Checkatrade we are passionate about matching the best quality Trades in the UK, with Customers who are searching for a trusted, transparent and quality service. We have a significant ambition to expand in the UK, in both the number of Trades and Customers we serve. Our team at Checkatrade has developed over 20 years, and we are looking for individuals who put People first, are big on trust, do the right thing, go above and beyond and own exceptional service every time.
Working alongside existing web developers the main purpose of this role is to provide in house effective, creative and timely web development solutions. The post holder is responsible for the development of existing (and future) software and will be writing, designing and implementing individual programmes from specific requirements.Working alongside eleven existing web developers the main purpose of this role is to provide in house, effective, creative and timely web development solutions. The post holder is responsible for the development of existing (and future) software. We are looking for strong communicators that are passionate about software development that will help drive our technology forward.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
SUPPORT WITH INTEGRITY
- Record, monitor and track project related tasks
- Deliver high-quality work to timescales, managing and prioritising your own workload
- Consult with stakeholders with a view to modify or improve current operating systems, through incorporating existing or new technologies
- Provide technical support and advice to stakeholders when required, providing a custom approach designed for their specific requirements where necessary
- To interpret written business requirements and to design and implement appropriate technical solutions
- Develop, install, test and evaluate new features within the software
- Investigate, diagnose and promptly fix any faults that may occur in the software
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- TDD experience
WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high quality work to timescale and the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Regularly communicate progress on web development activities for non-technical stakeholders
- The post holder will be required to perform other reasonable duties at the request of the management team.
This role will initially be based in Selsey, West Sussex but the department will be moving to our new offices in Portsmouth by the end of June so you will be permanently based there.
To all recruitment agencies: Checkatrade does not accept speculative agency CV’s. Please do not forward CV’s to our jobs alias or Checkatrade employees. Checkatrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.
|Salary||Competitive (depending on experience)|